When I first met with the agent from their company, I was told that I needed to have my house appraised.

My response was that was no problem as I had planned on doing that anyway.

The agent then told me she knew of a really good company and would be able to come right away and she would even set up the appointment for me. She also had a friend that was a lawyer and would set up that appointment also.

At the time I thought that they were very helpful.

When the appraiser came, he did the inspection, he told me approx. when it would be done and I paid him. When it was done I was told that I was not the client, so the appraiser could not release any information to me. I was told Mortgagestogo.ca was the client and I needed to get the info from them.

At that point I called the agent I had been dealing with. She told me that she was not allowed to release that information. After several calls the agent finally told me that they don't tell clients the appraised value of their house because when they find out what it's really worth alot of people back out of refinancing.

At that point I told her that she basically stole the money I paid to get info on my house and I had no intention of dealing with them any more.

Then the phone calls started. The agent kept stating that she had done work so I should give her something. I should also give her friend the lawyer something too. I asked what she thought I should give to someone I had never even met or talked too (meaning her friend). She suggested $200. I told her I had no intention of giving her or her friend a dime.

That's when she threatened to put a caveat on my house. As I believed she had no grounds to be able to do that, I told her to go right ahead.

I was very surprised to get the notice that she actually did put the caveat on.

I went to the Land title office to find out how they were able to do this when they had not secured any financing and had actually done nothing but make me feel *** for going to a company named Mortgagestogo.ca. The lady got the paperwork and came back laughing. She asked me again if they had actually arranged any financing. Again I told her "No". She told me that the only thing they could have used to get the caveat is the clause about how I could only use them for financing for 30 days. She told me they had to remove the caveat at that time.

I knew that the caveat was on the title but I honestly though that because there was no dollar amount that it actually meant that they had no financial claim.

Now 6 years later. I'm selling my house. My lawyer called them about removing the caveat and they are demanding I pay $1485. That is the fee I would have paid them if they had actually gotten me financing. It takes at least 2 months for me to take it to court. I don't have that much time so I have no choice but to pay.

I didn't even realize they were doing it, but they held my house hostage all this time and now I have to pay the ransom.

JBuckland wrote the review because of "they are robbing me." at MortgagesToGo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1485 and wants MortgagesToGo to "they should just remove the caveat without me having to pay anything".

The most disappointing in user's experience was whole experience. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by MortgagesToGo and mortgagestogo customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Thank goodness I did not sign up with these people!!!!I am so glad my pen did not touch paper!

I decided to close my file. The broker called me stating she would like to look at my credit report at the end of the month. I said NO.

Meanwhile this broker has been in touch with my realtor behind my back saying she is going to look at my credit report.

I took all the info into a lawyer and I am sending you a letter that if she attempts to pull a search I will be suing !

I am so glad I did not sign anything!But they pissed off the wrong person.